This web site could comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes for you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Flip leftover pie crust into good buttery and flakey pie crust cookies. Roll and form utilizing enjoyable cookie cutters then merely sprinkle with candy cinnamon and sugar.
We LOVE pie at our home and we’ve so many favourite flavors that we make year-round. I all the time use my Grandma’s piecrust recipe. My children love this strawberry pie within the Springtime, and this chocolate pie for the vacations.
What Are Pie Crust Cookies?
No extra throwing away the additional pie crust that you’ve got left over! Merely roll the dough out and bake it into ethereal and tender cookies that soften in your mouth. The buttery flakey cookies are sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. I additionally like to drizzle heat cookies with a candy glaze. You will not be capable to cease consuming them!
Cookies are my love language! I may eat any cookie, any taste, any time of day. Making cookies to share with my household and buddies is one in all my favourite issues to do. I’ve some go-to recipes that by no means disappoint. Attempt my wonderful cream cheese snicker doodles, these simple no-bake cookies, or my basic chocolate chip cookies.
Substances For Simple Cookies
These easy pie crust cookies are the best cookies you’ll ever make! 4 easy components, that is all it takes. All you want is the store-bought crust you then’re all set. You possibly can undoubtedly make your personal pie crust from scratch, however utilizing scraps from left over pie dough is a win-win! It makes so much, so be ready to eat all of them. You’ll love how rapidly and simply these cookies come collectively.
- Pie Crusts: Leftover pie crust makes this simple, however you should utilize any pie crust recipe in the event you make your personal.
- butter: Melted butter provides a extra scrumptious buttery taste.
- Sugar: Sugar so as to add sweetness as a result of plain pie crust is fairly bland.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon provides yummy taste!
Pie Crust Cookies Recipe
Seize your kiddos and make these enjoyable pie crust cookies for the vacations or any time of 12 months! This recipe is straightforward to comply with and comes collectively rapidly. Observe my simple directions beneath for the way to make these cookies. They’re so cute and scrumptious!
- Preheat Oven and Put together Baking Sheets: Preheat the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit. Put together a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Roll Out the Pie Crust: Evenly sprinkle flour on the counter then roll out the pie crust till it is about ¼ inch thick.
- Minimize Shapes: Minimize shapes out of the dough utilizing cookie cuttershowever you too can use a knife to chop if wanted.
- Place Cookies on the Ready Pan: Place them on the ready baking sheet.
- Repeat Steps: Proceed to collect the leftover crust, roll it collectively right into a ball, then roll it out onto a floured floor once more to chop extra shapes. Repeat this course of till you haven’t any dough left.
- Brush With Butter: Utilizing a pastry brush, brush the melted butter throughout the highest of the pie crust form.
- Sprinkle With Cinnamon and Sugar: In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle it evenly throughout the buttered form.
- Bake: Bake for 8-10 minutes, till the cookies are a light-weight golden brown. Bake time varies with the dimensions of your cookies.
Find out how to Serve Pie Crust Cookies
These darling little cookies are so versatile and may be loved in lots of enjoyable methods! I like to serve them in a number of methods. Listed here are a few of my concepts for serving pie crust cookies. Everybody will love them!
- As a Topping: High any dessert with pie crust cookies. On high of a pie, ice cream, or pudding can be scrumptious!
- Serve With a Sauce: Dip these cookies right into a caramel or chocolate sauce. However be careful since you will not be capable to cease!
- Minimize Into Any Form: I really like making these cookies for each social gathering. Holidays, child showers, the probabilities are countless. I additionally like to make use of letter cookie cutters to spell my children’ names on the highest of their muffins!
- Spice Variations: You possibly can spice them up any means you would like. Cinnamon sugar is a basic, however cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, or allspice are scrumptious additions.
Storing Leftover Cookies
These good little cookies are nice to make forward of time. They’re simple to make however simply as simple to retailer. I really like making a giant batch of those cookies as a result of they’re nice for events and make so much. My children love to assist make enjoyable shapes and your children will too!
- At Room Temperature: Place the cooled cookies in an hermetic container. Retailer at room temperature for as much as three days.
- Within the Freezer: Leftover pie crust cookies freeze very nicely! Place the cooled cookies in an hermetic container. Retailer within the freezer for as much as three months.
Preheat the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit and put together a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
On a flippantly floured floor, roll out the pie crust till it is about ¼ inch thick.
Minimize shapes out of the dough utilizing cookie cutters. You may also use a knife to chop if wanted.
Place them on the ready baking sheet.
Proceed to collect the leftover crust, roll it collectively right into a ball, then roll it out onto a floured floor once more to chop extra shapes. You possibly can repeat this course of till you haven’t any dough left.
Utilizing a basting brush, brush the melted butter throughout the highest of the pie crust form.
In a small bowl combine collectively the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle it evenly throughout the buttered form.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, till the cookies are a light-weight golden brown. Baking time can range with the dimensions of your cookies.
serving2cookiesEnergy86kcal (4%)Carbohydrates9g (3%)Proteins1g (2%)fats5g (8%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.4gMonounsaturated Fats2gTrans Fats0.1gLdl cholesterol6mg (2%)Sodium64mg (3%)Potassium14mgFiber1g (4%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A72IU (1%)Vitamin C0.02mgCalcium8mg (1%)iron0.3mg (2%)
All dietary data is predicated on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.