This web site could comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Turkey stuffed peppers mix floor turkey, tons of greens, and pepper jack cheese right into a satisfying and wholesome low-carb meal. Jumpstart your wholesome consuming habits with these oh-so-delicious stuffed peppers!
Although these stuffed peppers are so wholesome and low-carb, they style like consolation meals! When you’re searching for extra wonderful keto-friendly dinners you may whip up in a snap, strive these stuffed avocados or poblano peppers!
Turkey Stuffed Peppers Recipe
I am at all times searching for simple meals which might be filled with flavour, however discovering low-carb choices is a big bonus after I’m actually making an attempt to observe what I eat. These stuffed peppers are similar to my air fryer stuffed peppers, however that recipe makes use of floor beef and rice together with all the opposite elements. I do discover that including rice or quinoa to a stuffed pepper makes it extra filling, however I additionally know lots of people are trying to find grain-free or low-carb recipes. That is why I needed to create a stuffed pepper recipe that was mainly meat, cheese, and veggies.
However do not let the simplicity of those turkey stuffed peppers idiot you! These little bites of heaven are full of a lot taste! They’re tacky and meaty with savory garlic and caramelized onion in every chunk. This makes it certainly one of my favourite issues to throw collectively on busy weeknights! You are going to love them. Particularly in case you’re searching for fast, simple, and cheap meals which you can work into your food regimen! Discover extra low-carb, keto-friendly meal concepts right here.
A Reader’s Evaluate
“I simply made some Stuffed Turkey Peppers they usually turned out so scrumptious! Thanks for creating this yummy low carb possibility!”
Components for Turkey Stuffed Peppers
You solely want a handful of straightforward elements to make these tasty stuffed peppers. This recipe is nice for utilizing up any leftover veggies you may need within the fridge. Be happy to customise your stuffing with all your favourite mix-ins! See my suggestions part beneath for extra concepts.
- Complete Bell Peppers: Any shade works! You can too use poblano peppers, mushrooms, or halved avocados instead.
- Olive Oil: Used for cooking your floor turkey.
- Floor Turkey: I like utilizing darkish meat as a result of it is extra flavorful, however white turkey meat works, too!
- Yellow Onion: Provides a scrumptious, caramelized savory taste to the stuffing.
- Garlic: You actually cannot go incorrect with minced garlic. It packs every chunk with a lot taste!
- Zucchini: This recipe is nice for utilizing up your summer season zucchini. It provides essentially the most scrumptious taste and texture to the pepper stuffing!
- Diced Tomatoes: Add candy taste and make the filling saucy.
- Salts: Enhances the general taste of your turkey stuffed peppers!
- Pepper Jack Cheese: The trace of spice that pepper jack cheese has compliments the opposite flavors on this dish completely! You can too use extra gentle sorts like cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
Make Turkey Stuffed Peppers
This recipe is so fast and simple! Floor turkey stuffed peppers are good for meal planning and nice to pack in work lunches all through the week! Because it’s filled with protein and low in carbs, it is a lunch which you can really feel nice about consuming.
- Put together Peppers: To arrange the peppers, slice the tops off and take away any veins or seeds inside. Don’t discard tops as you’ll use any remaining pepper hooked up to the stem.
- Pre-Bake: Add peppers to a casserole or baking dish, fill with about inch of water, cowl with aluminum foil, and bake in a 425 F oven for 20 minutes as a way to steam, or parbake, the peppers till they grow to be tender.
- Cook dinner Fillings: Whereas the peppers are steaming, prepare dinner the bottom turkey, onion, garlic, and any remaining pepper from the stem piece (cube in a big saute pan over medium-high warmth till the meat is crumbly, about 10-Quarter-hour. Add the diced zucchini and permit to prepare dinner for 1-2 minutes. Stir within the tomatoes. Add salt to style. Take away from warmth.
- Fill Peppers: As soon as peppers are finished, take away from oven, discard water, and return peppers to casserole dish. Fill every pepper cavity with the bottom turkey combination till all the peppers have been evenly stuffed. High with pepper jack cheese. If making forward, retailer in hermetic container within the fridge till able to warmth and serve.
- Warmth and Serve: Return peppers to oven and prepare dinner till heated via and cheese has melted. This could solely take a couple of minutes.
Ideas and Variations
Dishes like these are nice as a result of you may customise them with all your favourite fillings, seasonings, and spices! I’ve added a couple of of my favourite suggestions and variations beneath to get you began.
- Utilizing Totally different Meats: I favor to make use of floor darkish meat turkey as a result of it has extra taste, however you may as well use floor chicken. As an alternative of utilizing floor meat in any respect, you may as well use diced cooked turkey and add it to the combination after the greens have sauteed for a bit. That might be an excellent possibility in case you’re searching for a post-holiday leftover turkey recipe. Equally, you may swap in different issues you have got readily available! Floor beef, sausage, and even shredded rooster work simply as nicely.
- Add Extra Greens: You can too change up the greens you add to your stuffed peppers. As an alternative of tomatoes you could possibly add some baked butternut squash and sage – each of which go improbable with turkey.
- Additional Seasonings: One among my favourite methods to customise the flavour of my turkey filling is so as to add in numerous seasonings! Taco seasoning, Cajun seasoning, blackened seasoning, and chili seasoning are just some of my many favorites in rotation.
How Lengthy Do Leftover Stuffed Peppers Final?
Be sure to hold your leftovers- turkey stuffed peppers make nice lunches for you and the children!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer any leftover turkey stuffed peppers in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days.
- Within the Freezer: Whereas I do not suggest freezing the bell peppers themselves, you may freeze the stuffing in a freezer bag for 2-3 months. Thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating.
- Reheating: You may reheat your leftover peppers within the oven at 350 levels F for 10-Quarter-hour or till warmed via. You can too pop them within the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 360 levels F.
To arrange the peppers, slice the tops off and take away any veins or seeds inside. Don’t discard tops as you’ll use any remaining pepper hooked up to the stem.
Add peppers to a casserole dish, fill with about inch of water, cowl with aluminum foil, and bake in a 425 F oven for 20 minutes as a way to steam, or parbake, the peppers.
Whereas the peppers are steaming, prepare dinner the bottom turkey, onion, garlic, and any remaining pepper from the stem piece (dicein a big saute pan over medium excessive warmth till the meat is crumbly, about 10-Quarter-hour. Add the diced zucchini and permit to prepare dinner for 1-2 minutes. Stir within the tomatoes. Add salt to style. Take away from warmth.
As soon as peppers are finished, take away from oven, discard water, and return peppers to casserole dish. Fill every pepper cavity with the bottom turkey filling till all the peppers have been evenly stuffed. High with pepper jack cheese. If making forward, retailer in hermetic container within the fridge till able to warmth and serve.
Return peppers to oven and prepare dinner till heated via and cheese has melted. This could solely take a couple of minutes.
Up to date on September 2, 2022
Energy332kcal (17%)Carbohydrates15g (5%)Protein36g (72%)Fats15g (23%)Saturated Fats6g (30%)Ldl cholesterol87mg (29%)Sodium373mg (16%)Potassium956mg (27%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar9g (10%)Vitamin A4192IU (84%)Vitamin C172mg (208%)Calcium265mg (27%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary data is predicated on third celebration calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.