01 Mar Gold Rush Beans for #SundaySupper #Beantastic!
- 1 (14 oz.) can each: kidney beans, black beans, garbanzo beans, and pork and beans
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t. oil (I used coconut)
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped + 2 additional torn into bite sized pieces to top the beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2/3 c ketchup
- 1/3 c mustard
- 2 T raw or brown sugar
- 1 T molasses
- 1 t seasoning salt, such as Lawry’s
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes
- 1 T Liquid Smoke™
- 1 1/2 c cubed sharp cheddar cheese ( between 1/4″ and 1/2″)
- Start by chopping bacon, onions and garlic. In a large skillet, add a t coconut oil or oil of your choice and cook bacon until crisp. Drain on a paper towel.
- To the same skillet with the drippings, add the onion and garlic. Saute until translucent.
- Remove from skillet to a small bowl and set aside. Drain excess drippings, turn up heat and brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse all the beans, excluding the pork and beans. Keep that sauce in tact, Add beans, onions and garlic to the drained beef. Add ketchup, mustard, Liquid Smoke, molasses, sugar, seasoning salt and pepper flakes. Stir to mix.
- Now add the crumbled bacon and the cheese. Stir to incorporate.
- Pour into a 9×13 lightly sprayed baking dish. Top with bacon and cover with a lid or foil. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 F. These can be served warm, at room temperature or even cold (for my family, but they’re “unique” hehe!) It can be a main and stand on its own or a great side to a grilled chicken or even hot dogs.
Today, Sunday Supper Family is cooking up beans in our #Beantastic event! I adore beans of all kinds, whether we are talking legumes or vanilla, cocoa or coffee — so I knew when I saw the “beans” theme I was definitely throwing my hat into the ring to share one of my favorite bean dishes! This dish that I’m presenting has a variety of beans in the recipe, each imparting its own special quality and “fit” to the entirety, and it is loaded with other goodies that make it a true contender for a main course selection. I’ve had it as both a main course, and as a side at summer cookouts. It won’t much matter what you call it; once you taste it, you’ll fall in love. That is, IF you are bean lover as well as a cheese lover! Just wait…
And be sure to read all the way to the bottom of this recipe to check out all of the delicious “bean” recipes from our Sunday Supper Tastemakers!
To the same skillet with the drippings, add the onion and garlic. Saute until translucent.
This week’s Sunday Supper is hosted by Tammi of Momma’s Meals. Today’s beantastic creations by the Sunday Supper family are over the top! For a fun time sharing recipes and tips on anything BEANS, join us around the family table and share some of your own favorite bean dishes!
Avocado Hummus by Our Good Life
Bean Ragoût and Crisped Mushrooms by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Black Bean Chili Nachos by Brunch with Joy
Chickpea Fries (Panisse) by Curious Cuisiniere
Five Layer Greek Hummus Dip by Food Done Light
Pizza Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
White Bean and Basil Spread by Peaceful Cooking
Bean-a-rific Soups and Stews:
Butternut Squash White Bean Soup by Magnolia Days
Chickpea and Bean Soup by Momma’s Meals
Classic Cassoulet by Food Lust People Love
Navy Bean & Kale Soup by An Appealing Plan
Navy Bean Soup by The Messy Baker
Slow Cooker Pork and Bean Stew by Nosh My Way
Kielbasa and White Bean Soup by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Spicy Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
Bean and Cornbread Salad by MealDiva
Clams with Black Beans by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole by Gluten Free Crumbley
Gold Rush Baked Beans by Lifestyle Food Artistry
Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
Pinto Beans With Cornbread Croutons by Nik Snacks
Whiskey Bacon Baked Beans by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Incredi-bean Main Meals:
Arugula Tomato and Beans Flatbread by Family Foodie
Bean and Bacon Tacos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Beefy Lima Bean Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Colombian Red beans – Frisoles Antioquenos by Palatable Pastime
Italian Beans and Greens by Simply Healthy Family
Honey-Lime Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos by The Chunky Chef
One Pot Tuscan Style Garlic Herb Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Orecchiette with White Beans and Swiss Chard by Delaware Girl Eats
Skillet Black Beans and Pork by Cooking Chat
Ultimate Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Pancake Warriors
White Bean Ragout, Frisèe, and a Fried Egg by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Amaze-beans Sweet Endings:
Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark by Love and Confections
Flourless Almond Joy Cookie Dough Ball by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Flourless Mocha Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies by Wallflour Girl
Gluten-Free Donuts by NinjaBaker
Pecan Praline Black Bean Brownies by Rhubarb and Honey
Soy Awesome Cookies 2.0 by What Smells So Good?
Strawberry Coco-Cacao Bean Smoothie by Dandelion Greens
Sweet Bean Pie by Shockingly Delicious
Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee by Noshing With The Nolands
Sunday Supper MovementJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.