There comes a time in many people’s lives when they must consider home care for elderly or incapacitated loved ones. When it happens, there are often competing emotions and other stressors. As you work through these issues, one thing stands out as most important: You want your loved one to have the best care possible.
How do you find the best care possible for your loved ones who wish to stay at home? By asking questions. Here are eight questions to think about as you determine the best course of action and begin to contact potential agencies.
- Is the agency licensed by the state?
- Is it managed by healthcare professionals?
- Does the agency employ certified nursing assistants?
- Do its home health aids have a background in nursing?
- Can client-specific care, such as walking for exercise or attending certain functions, be provided?
- Are the costs for home care reasonable