Who says you can’t make a great hamburger like fast food sale points? You can also do it with a healthy hamburger recipe. What are the things that should be considered to make your own hamburger at home? Check out the following reviews.
Guide to make healthier and tasty burgers
The hamburgers are not only fast food that you can buy in a hurry, but you can also do yours easily. Even according to nutritionists and researchers at the University Penn State, hamburgers can be a healthy food.
Healthy or not the hamburger you do resides in the selection of ingredients and how to cook it. If you can choose the ingredients and cook correctly, the nutritional taste and content is definitely guaranteed that it will be healthier.
1. Choose low fat
The most important thing to do healthy hamburgers lies in the selection of meat. Choose lean meat or poultry. Even better if you wear fish meat that is high in omega-3 essential fatty acids such as tuna and salmon.
Even if you don’t eat meat, you can still enjoy your version of vegetarian hamburger or replace it with mushrooms or tofu.
2. Choose the best cooking method
The roasted or grill process is the best method to make healthy hamburger meat more tender and juicy.
According to Richard Chamberlain, a chef and author of the healthy cookbook, beef is better cooked over medium heat until slightly brown.
However, avoiding meat texture is too burned not to accumulate carcinogens that can increase the risk of cancer.
Below there are some tips for cooking hamburgers that are healthier and more tasty.
- Season the hamburgers with salt, pepper or other condiments before roasting.
- Preheat the grill or pan before cooking the meat.
- Let the meat cook well and cook on one side before turning it to the next. Just turn the meat once.
- To keep the meat of tender and juicy hamburger, avoid pressing the meat while cooking.
3. Choose a healthier hamburger fill
To enrich the nutrition of the hamburgers it makes, fill the hamburgers with many vegetables. Choose low -calorie vegetables such as onions, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, cucumbers or fungi to make low -calorie hamburgers.
To make a healthy hamburger, pay attention to the ingredients you choose. For example, ketchup or low -fat mayonnaise.
You can add low fat or fat cheese so that your hamburger is healthier, such as Parmesan cheese instead of Cheddar cheese.
The reason is that, according to Susan Mitchell, RD, PHD, an author of Fat is not her destination, the Cheddar cheese offers higher calories, which are 113 calories.
Examples of healthy hamburgers recipes
Service: 6 portions
Nutritional content: 232 calories, 9 grams of fat, 18 grams of protein, 19 grams of carbohydrates
Tools and materials:
6 whole wheat bread
0.5 kg of lean meat
4 tablespoons of bread flour
2 tablespoons of water
1 egg white
4 tablespoons of finely grated carrots
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
3 tablespoons red pepper
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
¼ tablespoons salt
¼ tablespoons salt Pepper
Lettuce and tomato in slices or cucumber to taste
How to do:
- Combine egg whites, water, bread crumbs, carrots, onion, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add Parmesan cheese and beef, then stir until soft.
- Form in six fill pieces with a diameter of 10 cm.
- Bake hamburger meat for 7-13 minutes on both sides at 70 degrees Celsius until it is cooked.
- Prepare the hamburger buns that have previously baked. Then place the lettuce, tomato slices and hamburger meat. Cover with another hamburger bun.
Serve while hot.