Making a giant pot of turkey noodle soup is one of the best ways to make use of up your Thanksgiving leftovers! It is creamy, savory, and stuffed with scrumptious herbs and veggies! Your loved ones goes to like this simple, hearty meal.
Nothing compares to selfmade soup. It is simply so flavourful, comforting, and scrumptious! I’ve too many favourite soup recipes to rely. Just a few you have to attempt, although, are this copycat zuppa toscana, pasta e fagioli, and Italian wedding ceremony soup!
Turkey Noodle Soup (Nice for Thanksgiving Leftovers!)
I do not learn about you, however after Thanksgiving I at all times have extra turkey than I do know what to do with. You’ll be able to solely have so many turkey steaks earlier than you begin to get burned out, so make this soup as a substitute! I truthfully suppose it rivals my selfmade rooster noodle, and that is saying one thing! When you do that turkey noodle soup for your self, you will see what I imply. It is simply too good.
That is considered one of my favourite issues to make after Thanksgiving as a result of it is so comforting and scrumptious. The broth is extraordinarily flavorful and creamy! When you add recent herbs, veggies, and thick egg noodles, it actually comes collectively. In fact, we won’t neglect the leftover Thanksgiving turkey you labored so laborious on! Shred some up for juicy bits of goodness all through this scrumptious selfmade soup. From there, all it’s worthwhile to do is seize some saltine crackers and prepare for a comfy night time in!
Components for Turkey Noodle Soup
The wonderful thing about this turkey noodle soup is the entire pantry staples it makes use of. As soon as Thanksgiving is over, the final factor I wish to do is make a visit to the grocery retailer! See the recipe card under for precise measurements.
- butter: Used for cooking the diced veggies in.
- Onions: For soups, I normally use sweeter onions. Go for white or yellow!
- Carrots: You may need these to be peeled and diced.
- Celery Stalks: I like diced celery in soup as a result of it provides one of the best texture!
- Minced Garlic: Recent garlic is one of the best for including in savory taste.
- Herbs: Time to interrupt out your spice rack! To provide your soup one of the best taste, add dried thyme, dried parsley and dried basil as nicely.
- flour: Add a bit of flour to thicken your broth.
- Turkey Broth: This acts as the bottom of your soup. You’ll be able to both use prepackaged broth or make your personal! Hen broth may even work.
- Shredded Turkey: One other approach to make use of up leftover turkey meat from Thanksgiving!
- Canned Evaporated Milk: A must-add for creaminess.
- Salt and Pepper: Add each to style.
- Noodles: I used dried selfmade model egg noodles.
- Frozen Peas: You may throw these in on the finish to make your turkey soup a bit of extra hearty.
Utilizing Bouillon Cubes
For an additional pop of savory taste, throw in a rooster bouillon cubes! It offers this turkey noodle soup the proper seasoned, umami flavour. I sometimes use 1 bouillon dice per 2 cups of water.
Let’s Make Some Selfmade Soup!
This noodle soup is SO simple to make and one of the best for leftover turkey from Thanksgiving! Your loved ones goes to like it. When you begin making soup from scratch, you will not return!
- Cook dinner Greens: In a big pot over medium excessive warmth, add the butter and soften. Then add the onions, carrots and celery. Cook dinner and stir till greens are softened. Stir in garlic, thyme, parsley, and basil, and cook dinner for 1 minute.
- Add Flour: Sprinkle the flour over the cooked greens. Stir till a paste varieties.
- Add Broth: Add the broth, thyme, parsley, and basil, and whisk for about 5 minutes or till the combination begins to barely thicken.
- Combine in Remaining Components, Simmer: Add the shredded turkey, evaporated milk, and noodles to the pot. Scale back the warmth to low and simmer for about quarter-hour, or till the noodles are tender. Stir within the frozen peas and cook dinner a further 5 minutes.
- Season to Style: Earlier than serving, regulate the seasoning by including salt and pepper if wanted. The seasoning will should be adjusted relying on how seasoned the turkey is that you’re utilizing. Garnish with recent parsley!
Making Selfmade Turkey Inventory
This turkey noodle soup is tremendous simple to make from scratch because of the entire leftovers from Thanksgiving. If you wish to make selfmade turkey inventory, save your turkey carcass and bones. Add it to a big stockpot with a gallon of water alongside together with your favourite herbs and seasonings. Then, let it simmer for about 3 hours and pressure as soon as it is accomplished. You need to use this instead of packaged rooster or turkey broth.
Is there something higher than leftover soup? It is really easy to warmth up for a hearty lunch. Now that you’ve a giant pot of turkey noodle soup made, this is the best way to hold it tasting recent and scrumptious!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer turkey noodle soup in an hermetic container for 3-4 days.
Can Turkey Noodle Soup Be Frozen?
Sure! Let your turkey noodle soup cool after which switch it to a gallon-sized freezer bag. Freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- In a big pot over medium excessive warmth, add the butter and soften. Add the onions, carrots, and celery. Cook dinner and stir till greens are softened. Stir in garlic, thyme, parsley, and basil, and cook dinner for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the flour over the cooked greens. Stir till a paste varieties.
- Add the broth, thyme, parsley, and basil, and whisk for about 5 minutes or till the combination begins to barely thicken.
- Add the shredded turkey, evaporated milk, and noodles to the pot. Scale back the warmth to low and simmer for about quarter-hour, or till the noodles are tender. Stir within the frozen peas and cook dinner a further 5 minutes.
- Earlier than serving, regulate the seasoning by including salt and pepper if wanted. The seasoning will should be adjusted relying on how seasoned the turkey is that you’re utilizing. Garnish with recent parsley!