An electric blender is a great companion in the kitchen to make cooking tasks easy. We are so much dependent on this wonderful appliance that envisioning the whole functioning in the kitchen without a blender seems quite difficult. Pureed soups, green smoothies, frothy milkshakes, salad dressings and more – we need it for almost everything. Serving numerous purposes like liquefying, whipping, emulsifying, mixing and pureeing, blender is the king of the kitchen. It’s the best way to save time and prepare your favourite dishes within a short time.
There are certain do’s and don’ts that we need to follow while using any kind of appliance and the blender is not an exception. Here’s a list of do’s and don’ts to follow while using a blender.
- Keep your face away from the lid while opening it after you blend hot ingredients.
- Semi-solids or hot liquids can damage the blades of the blender. You need to cool down the hot liquids before running the blender.
- Check whether the lid is properly sealed. In case it is not properly locked, there are chances of the ingredients splattering everywhere in the kitchen.
- Clean the blender with care as proper maintenance can extend the lifespan of the appliance. To start with cleaning, pour warm water it in the container base along with liquid dishwasher and blend it for around 50 seconds. This way, you can easily rinse and clean the container. Once it is washed, leave it for some time to dry.
- Don’t ever wash the base of blender i.e. motor-operated base. Just use a wet cloth to clean the motor base.
- Avoid using an eroded cord with the blender as it can cause the fire. Discard it and get a new one fixed.
- Don’t use spatula or scraper in the blender when the motor is on.
- Don’t blend excessively thick ingredients for more than three minutes at a stretch as this can heat up the appliance.
- Don’t use attachments/spare parts from any other brand as it can damage the blender. The reason is that the capacity and power of the blender may not match with a spare part or attachment that is from some other brand. This could lead to several problems.
- Don’t use an extension cord with the blender. This can lead to unnecessary hazardous incidents.
Keep these dos and don’ts in mind and make sure that you follow these guidelines every time you use a blender. This way, you can not only stay safe from accidental injuries caused due to the wrong usage of blender but also extend the lifespan of the appliance.